Sherri Cook & Associates is a full-service meeting services and events consulting company based in Dallas, TX. With over 30 years proven track record in site selection, supplier negotiations, contracts and all planning phrases of meetings, conferences, symposiums, product launches, conventions, trade shows, incentive trips and events; Sherri Cook & Associates is equipped to handle all types of events.
Helping you produce spectacular events and memories for you and your business or organization, Sherri Cook & Associates starts with strategic objectives identification. As a team partner, we carefully align with your mission and vision for your meeting or event. We listen, understand and coach every step the way to the highest ethical standards and provide the maximum cost-savings along with liability protection for your events.
Our approach is one of integrity and communication that fosters relationships with industry leaders, efficiency and effectiveness; and innovativeness-all within your budget.
- Our client partnerships
- ‘Outside the box’ thinking
- Personalized services tailored for your needs
- Bringing your vision to life
Sherri Cook & Associates understands that just as no two people are alike; neither are any two events. We pride ourselves and are passionate in what we are committed to success assisting you in delivering top notch events that will be productive, fun and memorable for a lifetime.
With a passion for meeting management; Sherri Cook, CMP, CMM, CL, CTM is a leader in the industry. With over 30 years of success; Sherri is motivated and dedicated.
Sherri has been President & CEO of Sherri Cook & Associates for 30 years as independent meeting/convention/trade show planner, consultant, project manager and industry speaker. Prior, she worked for an association, a corporation and a Meetings, Conventions and Incentives company for 10 years. As a result of her extensive experience, Sherri has many strategic partners and alliances. Her most notable client is Ross Perot, Sr.
Sherri also has experience restaurant, lounge, entertainment management of more than 100 employees. She graduated from Kansas State University with a B.A. in Spanish, and lived abroad for two years while completing her studies in Spanish.
Credentials & Professional Designations
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) through Convention Industry Council (CIC)
- Certified Meeting Management (CMM) through Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Competent Toastmaster (CTM)
- Competent Leader (CL)
- Certified Convention & Trade Show Manager through American Society Association Executives (ASAE)
- Certified Tour Director through International Tour Management Institute (ITMI)
Awards, Industry & Community Service
- Recognized as the First “Tomorrow’s Leader of MPI” by Meeting Professionals International (MPI) with over 23,000 Members
- “Planner of the Year” for MPI’s D/FW Chapter
- Leader in the Creation of the MPI D/FW Chapter “Technology Institute” Adopted by MPI International for the Annual Convention Education Track
- Selected for the “Who’s Who Worldwide Registry”
- Chosen for the “Lexington’s Who’s Who”
- 30 years Membership and Service on MPI D/FW Board and Chapter Committees
- 17 years Membership and Service to the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau
- 4 years Membership of Senior Planners Industry Network
- Industry Expert Planner Speaker at Various Conferences
- MPI International Chapter Relations Committee Member
- Richland College Travel, Exposition & Meeting Management Mentor
- Education of Richland College Industry Students through Internships
- Board Member for Toastmasters and Homeowner’s Associations